Sunday, August 2, 2009

Doctors and a Sacred Trust

I have worked in the media for more than half my life and almost my entire adult life. The same if not more can be said of my life in medicine. So, I should not be surprised when I see the media doing its typical (as of late) thing...covering the Michael Jackson story as if it had the importance of health care reform or our nation's foreign policy plans.
But, faced with the limited options and unable to escape, I noticed the whirlwind of controversy surrounding Jackson's personal physician and his alleged monthly salary (greater than 100,000) and the alleged use of a drug that hospitals guard carefully .....to help Jackson relax at home.
If the drug allegation is true, this physician deserves what he gets and more. Doctors are bound to a special oath that is centuries old.There is a sacred trust that needs to be respected.
For more information check out www.mymedicalreports.com

No comments:

Post a Comment